General Motors Corp.’s Indian unit launches sales of the Chevrolet Optra, just one version of GM-Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. Ltd.’s new J200 sedan. The J200 is called the Daewoo Lacetti in South Korea and Europe, the Buick Excelle in China and the Suzuki Forenza in the U.S. (See related story: GM Takes Daewoo J200 Production to China, India, Thailand) The Optra will base at Rp789,000 ($17,036) and compete with the Skoda Octavia and Toyota Corolla in the lower end of India’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Launches Optra in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.