Shanghai General Motors Automotive Co. Ltd. begins production of the Buick Sail compact car. General Motors Corp., which long has been angling for a moderately priced “people's car” for the Chinese market, beats competitors Volkswagen AG and Ford Motor Co., both of whom also plan to enter the burgeoning segment. Production began April 23, and vehicles will begin appearing in Shanghai GM's 76 showrooms this month. The Sail, a derivative of the Opel Corsa, is the third separate vehicle to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM launches Sail small passenger car in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.