North American manufacturers in April are pacing ahead of production scheduled for the month, with an overbuild on tap equal to nearly 102% of plan (see data p.7). The most conspicuous aspect of the overbuild is that it is in cars and General Motors Corp. is leading the way. Ward's estimates that North American production — including medium- and heavy-duty trucks — will end April at 1,342,500 million units, or 23,500 more than the industry had planned to build at the beginning of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Leads N.A. Manufacturers Toward April Production Overbuild" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642