General Motors Corp. will purchase the remaining 50% of Saab Automobile it does not already own later this year, an insider tells Ward's Automotive Reports. GM has a call option on shares owned by Investor AB in August. Investor has a put option for its stock on Jan. 1, 2000. The insider says GM likely will exercise its option and purchase the stock. If GM were not to exercise the option, Investor could force a sale early next year. Peter Augustson, president of Saab AB, says that regardless ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Likely to Purchase Rest of Saab This Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.