General Motors Corp. plans to assemble cars in Malaysia even though the country’s state investment arm Khazanah Nasional BhD has ended talks with GM and Volkswagen AG over possible alliances with national car company Proton Holdings Bhd. “We are interested in assembling product in Malaysia; we have products identified for that,” GM Asia/Pacific President Nick Reilly tells Ward’s earlier this month, before Khazanah’s decision was revealed last week. Reilly says GM submitted a formal a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Looking to Grow Chevy Brand in Malaysia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.