CHICAGO – Look for special-edition versions of Chevrolet’s soon-to-bow SSR in years to come, as General Motors Corp. seeks ways to keep the new pickup/roadster on the minds of buyers. "The challenge is to keep the SSR hot by keep coming out with something to make it hot and not let it go stale," says Ed Ivey, SSR program engineering director. "We have other things planned in SSR’s lifecycle, but we can't talk about them." Derivatives in cards to keep SSR market-fresh. One ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Looks to Maintain SSR Demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.