General Motors Corp. is shopping around its 3,200-acre (1,295-ha) Phoenix-area proving grounds to real estate brokers as the cash-strapped auto maker looks to take advantage of the region’s lucrative real estate prices. With 130 employees and 70 miles (113 km) of test track, GM’s Desert Proving Ground in Mesa, 20 miles (32 km) east of Phoenix, is the second-largest proving site GM operates in North America. Milford Proving Ground, about 50 miles (80 km) outside of Detroit, is GM’s other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM May Sell Arizona Proving Ground Property" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.