General Motors Corp., with alliance partner Fiat SpA, intends to present a proposal to Korean creditor banks for the purchase of some or all of the assets of insolvent Daewoo Motors Co. Ltd. within the next two weeks, Ward's Automotive Reports has learned. The meeting is expected to take place as early as May 18. GM's board of directors in Detroit approved the plan presented by Alan Perriton, executive in charge of acquisitions and mergers for Asia/Pacific, on May 2, insiders say. GM's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM to Move on Daewoo Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.