The long-awaited Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. acquisition move by General Motors Corp. and Italian alliance partner Fiat SpA appears to be underway after numerous fits and starts. Rudolph Schlais Jr., president of GM Asia/Pacific, and Alan Perriton, executive in charge of GM acquisitions for the region, were to arrive in Seoul Monday (May 28), and make an offer to Daewoo's creditor banks this week. Sources close to the deal tell Ward's that the outdated and inefficient Pupyong plant will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Moves on Daewoo Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.