General Motors Corp. will move 3,000 workers from metal fabricating and manufacturing operations in Troy and Warren, MI, to a site in nearby Pontiac as part of an effort to consolidate employment centers, The workers, all engineers and support staff, will be shifted to the Centerpoint Business Campus in Pontiac in phases. About 1,000 Metal Fabricating Div. workers will move this year and the rest will relocate in 2004, says The Detroit News. GM is moving employees from leased office ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Moving 3,000 Workers to Pontiac" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.