Although a shakeup of the Chevrolet Camaro/Pontiac Firebird platform team is casting some doubt on the future of those cars, company insiders say substantial changes are under consideration for the next-generation sports cars slated for mid-decade. Some possibilities include front-wheel- and all-wheel-drive versions instead of the current rear-wheel-drive configuration. And there's thought to eliminating V-8 availability in the Firebird, offering a new V-8 engine only with Camaro, sources ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Mulls Big Changes for Camaro/Firebird" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.