General Motors Corp. aims to enter Malaysia’s high-end vehicle market in three to five years. “We are looking to bring in some of our luxurious brands in the long-term, such as Cadillac,” GM Southeast Asia Operations President Stephen Carlisle tells the media. “It is inevitable for us to have a luxury brand in a market like Malaysia. It is just a matter of when the circumstances are right.” Carlisle says the auto maker is not looking for alliances with local Malaysian manufacturers. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Mulls Bringing Cadillac to Malaysia; Focuses on Small Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.