General Motors Corp. names Joe Spielman to head North American vehicle manufacturing operations, replacing Guy Briggs, who is retiring. Spielman began his career with the auto maker in 1963. Since 1994 he has served as general manager of GM’s metal fabricating division. Spielman’s main responsibility will be to oversee GM’s move towards flexible manufacturing at its 28 North American plants.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Names Spielman to Head NA Mfg." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.