G. Richard Wagoner Jr. says he will stay the course after he takes over as chief executive officer of General Motors Corp. June 1. Mr. Wagoner was named last week to succeed John F. Smith Jr., 61, who will remain at GM as chairman. Harry J. Pearce, 57, will continue in his current position as vice chairman. “I have had a chance to input heavily on the strategy of the business over the last few years,” says Mr. Wagoner, who turns 47 this week and is one of the youngest CEOs in GM history. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Names Wagoner CEO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.