AUBURN HILLS, MI – Claiming an industry first, General Motors Corp. has established a design studio here that focuses exclusively on developing vehicle accessories. Set up with supplier Plastech Engineered Products Inc. in February, the GM Accessory Design Studio (GMADS) employs about 15 people who work with suppliers and the GM Design Center in nearby Warren, MI, to develop aftermarket parts during the vehicle-development process. Nancy Philippart “We used to just concentrate on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Opens Accessory Design Studio" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.