General Motors Corp.’s assembly plants in Venezuela have been idled since early December due to political strife there. GM's Venezuela operations, which produce Chevy TrailBlazer (above), Corsa and Astra, are idled. “Our plants are down,” Maureen Kempston-Darkes, president-GM Latin America, Africa, Middle East region tells Ward’s in an interview at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. “We can’t operate. We can’t get parts in. The operations just can’t ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Operations in Venezuela Halted by Political Strife" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.