DETROIT – Less is more for General Motors Corp. in the midsize car segment. The auto maker plans to reduce its number of midsize market entries from 15 to 10 nameplates in the next four years, but improve its performance and profits with several all-new products, Gene Stefanyshyn, vehicle line executive-midsize vehicles, says during a presentation to investors and analysts. Chevy Malibu Over a 3-year period, GM’s global front-wheel-drive/all-wheel-drive Epsilon platform will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Outlines Midsize Car Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.