General Motor Co.’s surprise announcement today that board-member Daniel Akerson will replace Ed Whitacre as CEO catches industry observers off guard and leaves some scratching their heads. “It’s a bad move, and it’s a surprise,” says Gerald Meyers, former American Motors Corp. CEO and now a consultant and professor of business management at the University of Michigan. “The replacement is an unknown, unexpected person of undetermined capabilities for that job,” Meyers tells Ward’s. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Pick for CEO Raises Questions, Industry Observers Say" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.