TOKYO – General Motors Corp. plans to aggressively add capacity in China, the world’s hottest automotive market, GM’s top executive says. GM CEO Rick Wagoner says the auto maker is trying to add share in China. “We’re trying to add share in China, but I’m not sure we can add capacity quickly to achieve that,” GM Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner says here during a media briefing prior to the opening of the Tokyo auto show. “So I would say we’re going to scheme every way we can ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Plans More Capacity in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.