General Motors Corp. is asking for bids from suppliers for thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) weather seals on its Epsilon midsize car program, Ward's has learned. The request is significant because it could represent the beginning of a massive change from the traditional rubber sealing systems that presently dominate the market to alternative materials that offer weight reduction, lower costs and improved recyclability and performance. It was just a little over a year ago when TPEs won their ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Pondering TPE Seals for Epsilon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.