NEW YORK – General Motors Corp.’s sales to commercial fleets will approach 1.1 million units in North America, Brian McVeigh, general manager of fleet and commercial operations, says. GM will sell a similar number of vehicles to European commercial fleets, but sales to daily rental fleets have been significantly reduced by design, he says. McVeigh also claims fuel economy is not an issue with fleet buyers. “There’s been no impact on fleet sales from a single account on fuel economy,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Posts Strong Commercial-Fleet Sales in 2006" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.