YOSEMITE, NATIONAL PARK, CA – Driver Linette Coffee describes it as the Lexus of buses. General Motors Corp. – which supplies the bus’s new diesel-hybrid propulsion system – would no doubt prefer she call it a Cadillac. Nevertheless, the point is clear: Besides chopping fuel use by at least 40% and some emissions by as much as 90%, the new fleet of 18 GM-powered hybrid electric buses being delivered to Yosemite National Park during the next several weeks are dramatically quieter and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM-Powered Hybrid Buses Arrive at Yosemite" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.