VIENNA – General Motors Powertrain-Austria GmbH celebrates production of its 15 millionth transmission 23 years after the Vienna-based plant launched production in October 1982. The milestone transmission, a F17 5-speed gearbox, was shipped to the General Motors Mfg. Poland Sp. z o.o. plant in Gliwice, to be installed into an Opel Zafira. Zafira gets 15 millionth Polish Transmission. The Austrian plant produces about 5,000 transmissions per day with three shifts. This year's plan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Powertrain-Austria Sets Transmission Milestone" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.