VIENNA – General Motors Powertrain-Hungary Ltd. launches serial production of a new 1.6L turbocharged engine at its plant in Szentgotthard, Hungary. GM says the newly developed 180-hp 1.6L turbocharged Ecotec 4-cyl. currently is the most powerful production turbo unit in its displacement class. The engine’s maximum 170 lb.-ft. (230 Nm) of torque is available in a wide band from 2,200 to 5,500 rpm. The 1.6L weighs 289 lbs. (131 kg) and produces 113 hp-per-liter. New engine debuts in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Powertrain Hungary Launches 1.6L Turbo Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.