Confirming prior speculation after General Motors Corp.'s surprise announcement that it will discontinue its Oldsmobile line (see WEVTU — Dec. 15, '00, p.1), sources close to GM now confirm that GM will halt production of its 3.5L Twin Cam V-6 engine sometime in the '02 model year. And since the 3.5L Twin Cam is the only engine used in the Oldsmobile Intrigue, the death of the engine — launched just three years ago for the '99 model year — means the Intrigue is the first Olds product for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Premium V-6 engine done in 02" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.