General Motors Corp. in Thailand this month is expected to make three major announcements having to do with its alliance partners, most likely at the Bangkok Auto Show, set for March 30. One deal reportedly will be with Isuzu Motors Ltd., 49%-owned by GM, to build pickup trucks at GM's Thailand plant beginning in mid-2003. GM last August began production of the Opel-based Zafira microvan at the new plant, which is designed to accommodate more than one platform. Isuzu is the market ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM prepares for announcements at Thai auto show" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.