MILFORD, MI – Calling direct-injection technology “the most promising near-term (technical) advance” for gasoline engines, engineers for General Motors Corp.'s Powertrain Div. here say GM plans to launch a plethora of engines for North America and Europe employing the power-enhancing, fuel-saving technology. The first North American GM direct-injection gasoline (DIG) engine is expected some time near the '07 model year and likely will be a 6-cyl., powertrain engineers say. GM already ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Preparing DIG Engine Offensive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.