General Motors Co.’s three Hydra-Matic 6-speed transmission plants cumulatively hit the 1 million-unit production mark, with the auto maker’s South Korean subsidiary taking the honor of turning out the milestone unit. GM designs the transmission for global applications. Two of the transmission plants – Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd. in Yantai, China, and General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. in Sanluispotosi, Mexico – linked by teleconference to join in celebration as the designated ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Produces 1 Millionth Hydra-Matic 6-Speed Automatic Transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.