WASHINGTON – General Motors Co. Vice Chairman Tom Stephens finally has time to return to his first love: engineering. In an interview at the Washington auto show here, Stephens tells Ward’s GM’s bankruptcy crisis consumed massive amounts of his time. But that now is past. “I’ve never spent so much time on engineering as I have lately,” he says. Before Stephens assumed his new post to head up GM’s product development, he was head of global powertrain engineering. Much of his present ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Product-Development Chief Makes Time for Engineering" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.