TOKYO – For General Motors Corp., Cadillac is the name and gorilla marketing is the game these days in Japan. Because the brand is not well known here, GM Japan President Jay Hunt tells Ward’s, "we must focus on efficient methods to reacquaint the Japanese with Cadillac." The old playbook has been discarded. The auto maker is starting fresh with completely new models and new marketing techniques. Backed by print ads, these include Sunday demonstration parades; special dealer events, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Pursues Japan Market With Cadillac Offerings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.