MILFORD, MI – A top truck executive confirms General Motors Corp. is developing a diesel version of its new light-duty trucks – effectively joining the race to deliver the segment’s first diesel application since the 1980s. Gary White, GM vehicle line executive-fullsize trucks, tells Ward’s the auto maker could be ready to unveil the new mill within six months, if not sooner. “We definitely have a program, and we’ll be making some announcements very quickly,” White says during a press ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Readies Diesel-Powered Light-Duty Pickups" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.