General Motors Corp. is voluntarily recalling 280,000 ’00-’02 Cadillac DeVilles because of faulty seatbelt pretensioners. GM discovered the problem during internal testing. The auto maker says the front and passenger seatbelts may not stay locked when the pretensioner is activated in moderate or severe crashes, allowing passengers to move forward. DeVilles built between May 1999 and May 2002 are affected.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Recalls 280,000 DeVilles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.