General Motors Corp. is recalling 197,311 Saturn Ion small cars in the U.S. and Canada to fix faulty front turn signals and running lights. The signals and lights could fail due to a loss of contact between the light bulb and the socket, according to GM. One crash reportedly may have been related to the faulty lights. The recall is expected to begin Dec. 17, when parts become available.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Recalls Ions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.