General Motors Corp. launches production of its new-for-â€™09 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2-mode hybrid pickups at its Silao, Mexico, assembly plant, roughly two weeks after shifting the trucks out of a now-shuttered plant in Canada. â€śThe launch is under way as we speak,â€ť says Chris Lee, a GM spokesman. â€śThis has been in the works for a long time.â€ť Wardâ€™s reported last summer GMâ€™s plans to move the hybrid pickups south, shortly after the auto maker announced it would close its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMâ€™s 2-Mode Hybrid Pickup Production Launches in Silao, Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.