SAN ANTONIO â€“ Count an all-new turbocharged diesel engine for light-duty pickups among the potential casualties of an exhaustive product review under way at General Motors Corp., but the auto maker still plans to maintain a robust engine lineup in the segment even as buyers continue to flee the market. John Schwegman, product group marketing manager-Chevrolet fullsize and midsize trucks, says long-standing plans to drop an all-new 4.5L V-8 Duramax turbodiesel into â€™10 Chevrolet Silverado ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMâ€™s Long-Awaited, Light-Duty Diesel May Feel Axe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.