TORONTO â A leaked Toyota Motor Corp. document obtained by a Detroit newspaper that says the auto maker is preparing for a political and consumer backlash due to its success in the U.S. is a âpublic relations ploy,â a top General Motors Corp. executive says. âI would kindly refer to that (document) as yet another carefully honed Toyota public relations ploy to make everybody say, âOh no, we donât resent you. We love you. Look at what youâre doing for American jobs and American ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GMâs Lutz Calls Out Toyota" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.