General Motors Corp. and its joint venture partner Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. debut the Buick Excelle sedan at the Shanghai auto show. Based on GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Ltd.’s Daewoo Nubira, the all-new sedan moves Shanghai GM into another market segment – the lower-medium sector. The entry will compete against the VW Santana, Jetta and Bora, Peugeot 307 and Citroen Elysee in this increasingly popular segment. Buick Excelle unveiled at China’s Shanghai show. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, SAIC Debut Excelle at Shanghai Show" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.