General Motors Corp. and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. team up to bail out GM’s troubled Jinbei venture in Shenyang, China. The deal will create a fourth car-production base for the GM-SAIC team. GM, SAIC and their existing joint venture, Shanghai-General Motors Automotive Co. Ltd., together will purchase the 50% stake held by four other Chinese entities at Jinbei-GM. A 25% stake of Jinbei-GM, which is 50%-owned by GM, would be transferred to SAIC. Then the four Chinese companies ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, SAIC Purchase Remaining Jinbei Stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.