General Motors Corp. saw its September light-vehicle sales slump to 334,223 units, down 6.9% from year-ago on a daily rate basis. GM’s car sales fell 9.8% to 137,248 units and truck deliveries slipped 4.7% to 196,975, according to Ward’s data. Through September, GM’s U.S. light-vehicle sales are down 11.3% to 3.14 million units. The auto maker blames a 26% reduction in daily rental units for the slump and takes great pains to emphasize its retail sales were strong, despite declining 3% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Sales Down in September" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.