DETROIT – In a dramatic reversal of a product decision made years ago, General Motors Corp. will continue making a small pickup for its GMC nameplate, Ward’s has learned.Original plans called for dropping the GMC Sonoma when the all-new GMT355 architecture went into production during the fourth quarter of 2003. Chevy Colorado (above) to replace S-10. But, within the last two weeks, a GMC version was added to the product program that also includes the Chevy S-10 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Saves Sonoma" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.