DETROIT â€“ General Motors Corp. unveils a highly anticipated production version of the Chevrolet Volt, an upcoming extended-range electric vehicle, and counters early criticism it strays too far from the concept unveiled 20 months ago. GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz also says development of the car moves ahead smoothly, consistent with the modelâ€™s planned U.S. market launch in November 2010. â€śSo far everything weâ€™ve done is running flawlessly,â€ť Lutz says on the sidelines of GMâ€™s centennial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Says Form Follows Function on Chevy Voltâ€™s Production Design" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.