ZARAGOZA, Spain – Adam Opel AG’s assembly plant here is one of the auto maker’s best. So says General Motors Corp. Europe President Mike Burns, on hand here recently with Opel President Carl-Peter Forster to celebrate the success of the company’s new Meriva microvan. Production of the Meriva went to three shifts here in May, and, combined with output of the Corsa, Zaragoza now produces at full capacity – 1,950 cars per day; 460,000 annually. “There exists an important quality culture ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Says Zaragoza One of Best Plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.