WARREN, MI – General Motors Corp. is altering a 4-year-old initiative to have suppliers lead integration efforts for its North American vehicle interiors, a company executive says. “We will still rely on suppliers doing the coordination, but we are becoming the ‘parent’ again,” Bo Andersson, GM vice president-global purchasing and supply chain, tells Ward’s here at GM’s Technical Center. “We didn’t achieve what we expected to achieve.” GM made the decision to scale back its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Scales Back Interior Integrator Strategy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.