After unloading its entire share in Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. last year, General Motors Corp. is selling its 17.4% stake in Suzuki Motor Corp. GM will retain a 3% share of Suzuki, the same level it had before 1998. Suzuki will purchase the shares March 7 in Tokyo at Monday’s closing price of ¥2,490 ($21.20). The sale of the shares back to Suzuki will give GM about $2 billion toward its corporate turnaround plan. GM will receive pre-tax profits of $550 million-$750 million from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Sells Majority of Suzuki Stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.