General Motors Corp. says it had another year of record sales in China in 2004, delivering 492,014 vehicles for a 27.2% increase over 2003. GM now has an estimated 9.3% share of the Chinese market, up from 8.5% at the end of 2003. GM’s joint venture with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., Shanghai GM Automotive Co. Ltd., had record sales of 253,869 units, a 25.7% jump from 2003. New models such as the Buick Excelle HRV hatchback and Royaum premium sedan drove sales, says GM. GM’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Sets Sales Record in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.