MUMBAI – General Motors Co. and Chinese partner Shanghai Automotive Industries Corp. are expanding their cooperation in Asia and creating a new joint-venture company to help their regional expansion efforts, to be called General Motors SAIC Investment Ltd. GM also is shifting majority interest in Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd. in China to SAIC, which will hold 51% of the lucrative car company. The move is seen by industry analysts as part of GM’s effort to overhaul its global ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Shifts Majority Stake in Prize Chinese JV to SAIC, Forms Indian Partnership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.