General Motors Co. will not extend a trial program with eBay Motors aimed at selling vehicles online, saying the effort sufficiently raised national awareness of the auto maker’s products and new marketing initiatives now will take over. “From our perspective, a real successful pilot program,” says GM spokesman John McDonald. GM launched the California-only program Aug. 11, roughly one month after exiting bankruptcy, and then extended it to Sept. 30. It was meant to raise awareness of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Shutting Down eBay Motors Program, Sales Success Murky" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.