General Motors Corp. eliminates overtime at two of its three main fullsize SUV plants, while it ups overtime at the sole facility producing the Pontiac G6. Through October, GM will operate on straight-time schedules at its Silao, Mexico, and No.1 Janesville, WI, plants, a spokesman says. Janesville makes the Chevy Tahoe and Suburban, along with the GMC Yukon and Yukon XL; while Silao builds the Cadillac Escalade ESV and EXT, Suburban and Yukon XL. The auto maker is not altering ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Slows Output at Two SUV Plants; Adds OT on G6 Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.