General Motors Co. stands by plans to introduce second-generation 2-mode hybrid technology in its fullsize light trucks. “We’re committed to hybrid technology in our fullsize pickups and SUVs,” spokesman Brian Corbett says. “We’re not wavering.” GM is scheduled to roll out new hybrid versions of its Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra fullsize pickups in 2013. The auto maker is mum on timing for a new 2-mode launch in the Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade fullsize SUVs. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Solidly Behind Fullsize Hybrid Pickups, SUVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.