General Motors Corp.’s Togliatti, Russia, joint venture assembly plant with OAO Avtovaz will introduce its third shift 15 days ahead of schedule. The launch reportedly now will take place Aug. 3 instead of Aug. 18. The extra shift is necessary to meet the production plan of 36,000 Niva SUVs in 2003.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Speeds Up Third Shift in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.